Saturday, March 21, 2009

April Hot Buys


The April Hot Buys preview has been released and even though it may not be the best yet, it's better than last month anyway. That was my first reaction... but the more I look at it- the nicer and more stylish the clothes seem to be! They made a lot of the clothes small on the preview and the pink print dress it kind of covered up by the black fur vest so I can't wait to see them in big form. Anywho... I can see them well enough to review and grade them.


1. Splendid Hot Buys Headband- Hmm.. I don't really wear these types of headbands but this gold one is nice enough and it does have a nice unique design, it almost looks like a 'Celtic' design which is cool! B+

2. Rio Hot Buys Vest- This fur (seeing as it's virtual- obviously faux!) vest from 'Sonia Rykiel' looks more like a scarf to me and wouldn't actually look nice as a vest in my opinion. I would wear it as a long black faux fur scarf over a nice long dress and it would look gorgeous! Grading it as a vest..*shudders at the thought*... I'd give it a D-.... as a faux fur scarf...a B-

3. Bisou Hot Buys Print Dress- Even though I can't see the whole 'Stella McCartney' dress on the picture (and the Hot Buys Spring 2009 doll hasn't been released yet) I can see enough of the printed 'YSL' dress to know that I love it! It's design seems funky and fun to me, the shine is lovely too and the shape perfects it. A-

4. Pretty In Pink Hot Buys Blazer- I feel, for some strange reason, that I should like this 'Luella' blazer, maybe beacuse so many others do... but I don't. Believe it or not! It almost bores me, to me it's like something you'd see on a Western movie... and I have no idea why! Maybe it will look better on an actual MeDoll, anyways for now I'll have to give it what I think it deserves a.. C-

5. Pretty in Pink Hot Buys Heart Skirt- Unfortunately I don't heart this heart skirt inspired by Marc Jacobs. Sorry if you feel I'm giving out a lot! :) I know, the shape is pretty which would bring up it's grade but I actually don't like the colours or pattern used so from me it's a C+

6. Bisou Hot Buys Frock- This is one of my favourite items, the assymetric top and the bubble waist, it has a circus vibe (to match our blog's playlist!). I love it, possibly my favourite out of the April Hot Buys Collection and I'm giving it an A+

7. Fudge Hot Buys Tunic- I love this 'YSL' tunic- it's cute and flirty. Stardoll done a great job on this one, the real version isn't as nice but the real version has a 'YSL' locket instead of Stardoll's heart locket. B+

8. Bisou Hot Buys Necklace- I'm loving this necklace, maybe this is my favourite piece out of this month's Hot Buys actually! It's diva-licious! I am so buying this! A+

9. Rio Hot Buys Bow Purse- This 'Marc Jacobs' bow bag is so pretty and chic. I am buying this for sure! The shape isn't sooo unique but I love the simplicity of it. There's something about it that catches your attention! Yet another... A+

10. Pretty in Pink Hot Buys Heels- Oh Gawd, I love these! The colour, the design! So chic and stylish- I want these for my wardrobe, not just on Stardoll but in real life too! Do I have a new favourite of the whole collection, did I mention these shoes are 'Marc Jacobs'? A+

Well they’re my reviews- what do you think of the new Hot Buys? Did anyone else notice that Stardoll have lost their ASOS obsession but have replaced it with a Marc Jacobs one? See the designers of this month's Hot Buys if you don't believe me!

Bye for now!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment